Freephone 0800 043 1815
Select Page

 What property searches do I need?

Home » Products » Q&As » What property searches do I need?

Solicitors and conveyancers processing property transactions will be qualified and experienced enough to recommend the correct searches for the property being purchased. Different searches may be required depending on where the property is located and which region in the country it is situated in. The type of use of the property will also determine if residential or commercial searches are required, although there are exceptions to this rule in some instances.

Several searches are usually ordered from us at one time for a property and a standard group of searches tends to include a local authority search, a drainage and water search, a chancel check and an environmental search. Obviously this is not an extensive list for each and every property and we would recommend that the advice given by a property solicitor or conveyancer is followed to determine which property searches they believe are necessary to be carry out before the purchase.

Share This