Freephone 0800 043 1815
Select Page

 What’s the difference between your local authority searches?

Home » Products » FAQs » What’s the difference between your local authority searches?

A regulated (personal) local authority search is carried out by a specialist, local search agent on behalf of Searches UK. We have a fixed fee for these searches and they incorporate a number of benefits, including our £2 million information accuracy insurance in addition to our £2 million PI cover. More regular updates can be provided as we have close working relationships with our agents so can find out more about the status of your order if required. We also audit our reports every quarter to ensure they are accurate and meet the quality standards that we’ve set.

A council (official) local authority search is carried out by a representative of the council, for example a Land Charges or Buildings Officer. It includes the same information as a regulated (personal) local authority search but the price varies across England and Wales depending on the fees set out by the council.

Share This